Reproduction Hudson Parts

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Just a reminder: if you know of any Hudson reproduced items that are not yet on my Hudson Repro webpage, please contact me (see contact info. on webpage) so I can add the items. Or, if you come to find that an item already listed, is no longer available, contact me as well. I will update the list every few weeks as changes come in.

This page is NOT an interchange list. I am not interested in listing parts that fit other cars and which just happen to fit (or can be made to fit) Hudsons. It's a list of items that are being specifically reproduced to fit Hudsons, and which will be available for the foreseeable future (not NOS that that will soon be depleted, for example).

It is not a list of people who will reupholster your existing seat, rebuild your water pump or re-make your steering wheel, either. The people on my list, have the items on their shelves or can make them up in a fairly short time, without requiring patterns or 'cores' from you.

The page is at http://mysite.verizon.net/detailed1/Repro%20Table.htm

Comments

• TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    Your email link didn't work on my netscape browser so I'll just post it here.

www.riwire.com

Lists reproduction wiring harnesses and supplies for Hudsons back to 1926 with

seemily good coverage of the stepdowns...

Anybody have any experiences with this outfit??? I just came across it on a

google search.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Thanks, Twin H, will check it out!

--Jon
  • hudsonguy
    hudsonguy Senior Contributor
    Yes, I installed all new Rhode Island Wiring harnesses in my '49 last year. Beautiful quality, and a perfect fit. Can't say enough about them.

Doug
  • I have purchased from Rhode Island in the past for some Packards and was thrilled with what I got. I did not order from them for my 49 Conv, as they did not have the patterns necessary. Anyway, I ended up buying from YNZ and while it was rather expensive, the quality is great.

http://ynzyesterdaysparts.com/
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    thanks, Dennis
  • LI prefer YNZ WIREING OF REDLANDS CAL, HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR OVER 30 YEARS, TOP QUALITY AND SERVICE, BILL ALBRIGHT WELL ABOVE RHODE ISLAND WIREING
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    bill a wrote:
    LI prefer YNZ WIREING OF REDLANDS CAL, HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR OVER 30 YEARS, TOP QUALITY AND SERVICE, BILL ALBRIGHT WELL ABOVE RHODE ISLAND WIREING

Bill

I'm not going with a stock wiring replacment on my current Hudson (upgrading to new 12v) but I think this would be good general information to know down the road when I do get a stock car - what are differences in the products and/or services between the two? Does one use better materials and/or provide better service?

Thanks Bill
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    I am using a Y'nZ harness with 12 volt and have had no problems. It has been a few years since I talked to them but I believe that they said that their harness would work with either 6 or 12 volt.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I have heard that the YnZ harnesses are better-marked, and thus easier to install. That was a few years ago...maybe Rhode Island's are now well-marked as well. But clear marking of each wire an important consideration to the installer.
  • 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor
    I installed a wiring harness from Rhode Island wiring last winter in my coupe. It was a very nice harness that was well spelled out in the diagrams. Each individual section of the harness came in a bag with its own diagram. I also cross referenced the color codes to the factory harness diagrams- all wires were an exact match. I do not know if the YnZ harness is an exact match to the factory harness- Bill A. can answer that one.
  • Greetings from Colorado Jon!

Thank you for all of your time and effort in compling this list. It is greatly appreciated!

A thought. You write "Some Hudson parts suppliers – like K-Gap, Dale Cooper, Kostansek / Cheney and others -- have huge inventory lists. I will not attempt to catalog their parts here, at this time, but will attempt to add them later." Instead of attemting to catalog their parts, why not just add a section for Hudson Parts Suppliers, along with their contact information. This would let folks know that they exist and they could contatct them on an individual basis.

I know that there are quite a few suppliers listed on various Hudson webpages. If these suppliers were compilied and listed in one place, it would be fantastic!

Jusy a thought and THANKS again for the time and effort!

George T.
  • Jon I've used Rhode Island wiring for my Hornet and had NO trouble Their prices are not nearly as high as YnZ and their quality is great. That said however I've noticed at least one shortcoming. The interior harness for the cabin of stepdown sedans dosen't exist as an obtainable article. I made my own and had no trouble. They basically stock harness for which there is a higher demand. Most people want coupes and converts so possibly that was the reasoning for the shortcoming. Again that was the case in 1998 so things may have changed. Engine harness and lighting harnesses were obtainable with no trouble and very detailed to boot.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    George, I may follow your advice. I noted all the various Hudson models and years that the wiring companies offer harnesses for, and realized how much my list would grow by adding them. And keep growing as they added harness after harness! So I will attempt to simply give names, addresses and (most importantly) website URL's for the larger companies like K-Gap, Rhode Island Wiring, YnZ, Dale Cooper, etc.
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    Have centersteering kits readily available plus more Russ Maas 309-838-5551, www.21stcenturyhudson.net
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Yas, Jon, It would be better to refer to existing lists and catalogs, instead of making another one, as Percival's Law states that 'TWO LISTS NEVER MATCH'
  • Actually Percy said that about his socks.
This discussion has been closed.