NEEDED: One (1) wheel cover for \'54 Hudson

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anyone out there have a wheel cover for a 1954 Hornet?

Comments

• There is a set of 4 and a single wheelcover on ebay.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Full face wheelcovers for the 54 Hornet and 54 Jet sometimes get mixed up. They are identical except for the anti rotation pressings which are about 5/8" apart on the Hornet item and 2 1/2" apart for the Jet.
    This means that if the Jet wheelcover is fitted to a 54 Hornet rim, or vice versa, the wheelcover will spin in the rim and cut into the valve stem.
    And you have the same problem if either wheelcover is fitted to a non 54 rim.
  • Bob, I don't like to dispute anyone regarding what part fits what, but checking parts book, they only show one number (312001) for full disc 1954 caps?? If there are different caps, there should be different numbers.
  • There is a difference in the Hornet and Jet covers. I have a set of both.`
  • [ QUOTE ]
    There is a difference in the Hornet and Jet covers. I have a set of both.`

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys... U are both right... the parts book shows one... the Hudson Dealers had add on accessory hubcaps for the Jet that were indeed different... why these parts did not make the parts books... probably a money driven decsion... The Jet accessory slick never made it to the printers either... but if you look through the dealer letters you will find the ... Hudson Corporate pitch to the dealer ... Sell the Jet full disc wheel covers.... like most Hudson stuff ... mystery and intrigue ... Have fun and enjoy the mysteries of the Hudson motor company...

Ken Cates sending from the HOT....
  • Thanks for the input on the wheelcovers. Miracle of miracles, I ran across a fellow nearby who sells odd assorted hubcaps and he just happened to have a wheelcover for my '54 Hornet. Thanks for the help everyone.
This discussion has been closed.