Stepdown hood suppoert shoulder bolts

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Has anyone found a source for these critters? I'm sure I can make something that will work . I have one to use as an example. I'm lazy...be easier to buy one or two sets.

Dave W. Fl

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I am not acquainted with these, but there are a number of places that sell specialty bolts out there. Can you give me an idea of the diameter, threads and shoulder dimensions? I could check my McMaster-Carr Supply catalog, for starters.

Hate to see you tooling up to make just two of these!
  • SuperDave
    Jon \,

Tooling up for me is useing a fresh hack saw blade!

I'll check one tomorow and look at my catalog also. I'll post the dimensions here after I measure one. But, From memory..They have a rather large thin head ..1/2"? with a 1/4 shaft and shank with fine threads on the end...

B back tomorow with more precise dimensions.Next time I'll try to spell sepppurt..ah..suport.. Hood Prop. better .

Dave W. Fl
  • This is a picture of the bolt you need. I have to keep mine. but maybe someone has a couple of these lying around, and just didn't know what they went to. This is as close of a picture I could get, and have my camera stay in focus.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    wkitchens wrote:
    This is a picture of the bolt you need. I have to keep mine. but maybe someone has a couple of these lying around, and just didn't know what they went to. This is as close of a picture I could get, and have my camera stay in focus.

Is this for the rear set hinges or the front helper set with the round springs?
  • The picture I took, was of the bolt that goes to the front hinge, with the round spring.
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser
    Bill Albright had some of these made up some time ago. I broke one of mine a got a couple from Bill. I will look around and see if I can find my old one. You will not find these in stores but feel free to look if you have lots of time. Check with Bill he may have some more he is willing to part with.
  • SuperDave
    I was going to measure one at the shop today, but got sidetracked fixing an electrical problem in the breaker box. Smoke and sparks are not a good thing when two Hudsons are stored there!

I had serious doubts that it would be a stock item anywhere.

Where are you when we need you Bill? Got any of these critters left? I have been wanting to get a couple sets of those stainless heat shields anyway.

Dave W. Fl
This discussion has been closed.