Hudson Decal

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Where does this decal go? On the firewall? or maybe on the metal in front of the radiator? I forgot to mention I have a stepdown.

Comments

• I guess no one know where this decal should go on the car. Thanks
  • It looks similar to the decal on the right side of the cowl just under the hood opening on my 46 pickup, but mine is in english
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    uc4me wrote:
    It looks similar to the decal on the right side of the cowl just under the hood opening on my 46 pickup, but mine is in english

My 49 was in poor shape and I looked through the pics I have but couldn't find anything close.

I also have collected some 15 good examples of stepdowns with multiple pictures each but none of them showed the front cowl area clearly - but your sticker definately doesn't show on any of the radiator supports in any of the pictures I found so I would think uc4me is correct in that it goes on the passenger side cowl just under the hood.

I've had to re-visit a view of my posts now and then to kick 'em in the butt - but - usually there is someone to chime in sooner with their opinion or outright knowledge of your question!

Now that the post has got some action maybe someone can go take a look at their nice original stepdown now and get back to all of us! :)

these are good pics of the rad support decals I have seen..Good Luck

fp_decal1.jpg

fp_decal2.jpg
  • The decal in question, I am real sure, goes on the right cowl, up from the hood hinge area. I think mine was orange, and in english though....

just my best guess...
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I tend to agree that it goes on the firewall just above the hood hinge, but may very well be pre stepdown and perhaps pre war. Kgap lists two patent data decals.One for 37-42 and the second is for 46-54. The 46-54 is orange. I bought two for the 49 & 54. Ask Les Pendlebury in Australia. He has probably one of the most original 42's in the world.It was exported to Australia in recent years from the U.S. Bet he has a sticker on the right side. Hey Les are you lurking?

Dave W. Fl
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    boozer wrote:
    Where does this decal go? On the firewall? or maybe on the metal in front of the radiator? I forgot to mention I have a stepdown.

You could run that trademark number on

http://portal.uspto.gov/external/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_1I1/.cmd/ad/.ar/sa.gov.uspto.tow.actions.DetailViewAction/.c/6_0_CH/.ce/7_0_1JJ/.p/5_0_1CH/.d/1#7_0_1JJ

and see what comes up.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • On my '50 Super Six this decal on top of the cowl ,right side, just inside the hinge. I remember that was where the original one was. Norm
  • My 47 pickup had one on the pass side cowl.
This discussion has been closed.