Hudson matchbox car

Aaron D. IL
Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi all,

Anyone know if you can still get those little green '51 Hudson Hornet matchbox cars from Wal Mart?

Comments

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    If it is the same one I'm thinking of, it was made by Racing Champions. I never found one in the stores...and it is no longer made. Occasionally one pops up on ebay (about $12 including shipping seems to be what they go for).
  • I got a hudson matchbox from walmart one time, it was one of a 4 car set, that had to be assembled, had a little screwdriver with each kit, It was red with flames, hornet coupe... bought a couple...

at least I am getting closer to my hornet coupe...
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    hudsonkid wrote:
    I got a hudson matchbox from walmart one time, it was one of a 4 car set, that had to be assembled, had a little screwdriver with each kit, It was red with flames, hornet coupe... bought a couple...

at least I am getting closer to my hornet coupe...

I found a couple of those red Hornet coupes at a local weekly flea market. Bought one, put it together. Went back a couple weeks later the guy had some more. Decided to buy another to NOT put together. Figure since the logo on the box said '51 Chrysler Hornet it might be worth something as a collectors item some day. Daimler-Chrysler moving in. Most likely in a few years Daimler will be claiming the Hudson Hornets that raced in the '50's were actually Chrysler built. LOL

This little coupe I bought is from the American Muscle BodyShop collection - says Rydell High 1959 and Grease on the box. Has a picture of the race in the Los Angles culvert from the movie.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • Aaron, check at the nearest hobby shop to see if they handle Classic Metal Works products. They had a 51 coupe in HO scale, also have N scale, 2 to a pack.

About $12 for the HO scale and $8-10 for the N scale. here was a rumor about a 1/43 scale but I emailed the factory and that project had been scrapped.

Bob
This discussion has been closed.