need a title

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
hi hudson dave need some help.i have a buddy who bought a 1934 teraplane street rod off of e bay from GA . HE SAID IT HAD A CLEAR TITLE wrong all he got was a bill of sale he said that will be all you need. wrong in in the state of FL . well to make a long story short he need a title for a 30-39 hudson .if someone has one for sale please let me know .thank you for your time.

keep hudsoning.

Hudson Dave :eek:

Comments

• Why not contact Broadway title? I used them in the past and it worked like a charm. Just download the application and pay the fee and a few days later you are good to go.

Take a look....

http://www.broadwaytitle.com/
  • broadway wants prof of ins. in fl you can't get a title with out ins. that is the problem
  • What is "inc"???

Can't get a title w/o insurance??? That's goofy. Doesn't Florida have a provision where you have a "non-operational" registration? Oklahoma and several other states have this, where you can get your tag/title w/o insurance, this allows the guys who have a car under restoration to have current tags and not be under penalties.

OK has a similar problem with non-title states. All the so-called "title companies" want is your money. If you have troubles getting a car titled in your state after you use their "service", they just shrug their shoulders and say "too bad".

See what they have to say, but you still don't have a title after spending $200.00 with them, you just have paperwork that allows you to go to your state DMV to get a state title, so there's another "X" amount on top of that.

When buying a car out-of-state, find out from YOUR DMV what the requirements are. NEVER take an out-of-state seller's word for it.

You'll notice their list of states they can't do business in has increased...a lot!
  • welcome to FL. thank you for the inc ins correction. spelling is not my thing .he got a bill of sale from the man he bought it from. FL. WANTED TO KNOW WHO GAVE HIM THE WRIGHT TO SELL THAT CAR. so they want a bill of sale from the man he got the car from and one from the next guy until they get to the last registered owner.well the car has never been registered the guy just hung a dealer plate on it when he drove it. bummer ha

Hudson Dave
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Want to REALLY have fun - try registering an old car in Massachusetts (believe Ohio is the same) - they want a 17 alpha/numeric VIN - nope, the old 4, 5 or 6 digit serial number on your 1940, 1950, 1954 Hudson ain't gonna do it. And if you go far enough back on other make cars some of 'em only had 3 digits!!!!

What you have to do is go to the local police department, get them to run a "stolen" car search for you, then they certify that the car is NOT stolen, yada yada yada. Then the nice person at the registry just might (emphasis on might) issue you your registration. Now where's the title?????????

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • Broadway Title does NOT require proof of insurance. As I said, I used them in the past and did not have that experience. I just looked at the application and I don't see anything on it about insurance. Anyway, if it were my car, this is the route I would take. Cheap, easy and it works.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Florida Title requirements are often only as good as the interpretation of the clerk you encounter.Some are sympathetic, some are absolutely obnoxious! Been here since 65 and done lots of Title work. At one time I had a Florida Used car dealers Lisc. I am not an expert and I know that sometimes requirements change .As far as I know Florida does not require insurance to Title a car, but does require insurance to register a car (Tag). A Title can be obtained without registration if you sign an affidavit that states that the car will not be use on the roads (In other words,undergoing restoration). They insist on seeing the car in person and checking the Vin or Id number against the documents. If the papers you have from the State it was purchased from, is a Non Title state, I see no reason why they would not issue a Title with a Notarized bill of sale. But.. Like I said, some clerks are helpful and some are obstructionists..Maybe try another clerks office? Good Luck,

Dave W. (Brevard County)Fl
  • if you go on line now to Broadway title you will find in large letters broadway title now requires insurance .hudson dave
  • Strange, I still don't see it. No insurance requested on the form or the instructions. Still the way to go IMO. Nuff said.
  • Oklahoma costs about $140.00 all together if you have a "non'-title" car, to obtain a title and a current tag. And you don't have to spend the additional $150.00 to Broadway for essentially a bill of sale, then another "X" for a title/registration. Nuff said.
This discussion has been closed.