I got my cars from the farm...

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Howdy,

Just wanted to update those who care.... I went and looked at my Hudson "farm find" and bought two Hudson Hornet coupes.. a 52 and a 53 both have twin-H with three speed w o/d. They need total resto but everything is there, they are coupes and I think the price was right. One may run with a new battery and gas. The other cars were too much work or not my cup of tea.

I looked at the "Barn Full" of parts. Lots of stuff but didn't have time to look at it all completely. I took pictures though, will post when I return. There are a couple sets of Stepdown hubcaps and trim rings, about seven to ten twin-h aircleaners, three or four manual trans, one or two auto-trans, quite a few later stepdown instrument panels, two gas tanks, three 308 engines (one complete), a few bumpers, some rear tail light assemblies (they were dust dust covered but may be NOS), quite a bit of chrome pieces, two complete rear ends, a few truck lids and hoods, lots of rims, etc. Not sure yet how this will all end up as part of the deal. Niels

Comments

• So are the rest of these cars for sale?

Is there contact information?

Thanks

Ron
  • Now You Will Get To Know What It Is Like To Be A Hudson Dealer, Neal, Bill Albright
  • So are the rest of these cars for sale?

Is there contact information?

Thanks

Ron

Hi Ron,

I have been talking to a couple guys from day one who are interested and I am keeping my promise to give them first shot on what I pass on. I just got home and I will e-mail them the pictures and info tomorrow and see what they want to do. If they decline then I gladly pass on the owners contact info. He's a nice guy and the cars are restorable. I am not a restorer or mechanic. They are just too much for me to spend time with. There is one fellow that I have done Hudson business with and had a very poor experience with. The owner knows his name should he ever call. Niels
  • TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    If I recall I think you said you got these cars in Washington, State??

If so perhaps there is a 1954 Washington State Liscence Plate floating around..I sure would like to get one in GOOD condition..

Thanks,

Tom
  • Hi Tom,

My e-mail is nptelcel@aol.com. E-mail me with your phone number and I'll call you when I get the two cars (two- three weeks?). I know one of them has Washington plates and since I am in California, I won't need them and you can have them gratis. Niels
  • TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    Thanks..not to be picky but it MUST be an Original Plate for the State of Washington 1954..that is the Only YEAR I can use on my Car as a legal liscence..thanks

tombar46@MSN.COM
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    TOM-WA- wrote:
    Thanks..not to be picky but it MUST be an Original Plate for the State of Washington 1954..that is the Only YEAR I can use on my Car as a legal liscence..thanks

tombar46@MSN.COM

I got a decent one on ebay for my 49 - I just did a search but the washington plates offered currently on ebay are pretty rough.

Those 54 washington plates are kinda different because it looks like 54 was a base year plate and they used metal tags for subsequent years like the picture.

fp_plate.jpg
  • Yep California is the same set up.... Tom, I'll let you know what's on there when I get it. Niels
This discussion has been closed.