46 & 47 PUs "beauty and the beast"

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Well here is my 47 PU (blue one "the Beast") - when I saw the 46 that belongs to Hudson Dave I sold my 54 chevy (one week old) and seached and found this 46 in CA. I found it on this forum by the way. It even came with some Californa redwood pilled in the bed as a gift from the seller. Nice guy. He still has another truck for sale. So far I have done the following to my 47.

New exhaust -it had none. Rebuilt the brakes - it had none. Rebuilt the Radiator from a 41 I salvaged with highflow core. Converted it to 12 volts. Oh yeah Dave did all of the work. He is my local Hudson Guru. I got him online - and on the Forum. I am his computer Guru. His truck was his dads for 30 years and Dave did an awesome job retroroding it. Here is a shot of my beast at its local club debut and now on to the interior etc. I has a 308 which runs like a champ. [IMG][/img]

Comments

• I have been watching your posts on this truck it really looks like a beauty. It is dressed up in many of the ways that I want to do with my truck. I would love to exchange photos of some of the details. I really like the skirts, WWW and all of the chrome. I got a pair of fender lights, the chome for the fenders and the bumper. All of it needs to be rechomed. How about some close ups of the bed, and running board chorme. I would love to see the inside also. Mine is real bad now. I agree with you about the lights on top and the rear bumper. I am looking for rear bumper solutions now. Bill A said in an email to me "I use international scout bumbers for rear, shorten 4inches on each end and made T BARS to mount them." He is a great resouce with good reputation in the Hudson community. My Buddy Hudson Dave had a custom rear bumper built. You can see it a little from this shot I took yesterday. If you wish I can shoot it from the rear. Good luck with your beauty. Keep me posted and I will let you know more about my saga.
  • Wow....everyone's trucks look great, I feel so "plain jane" with mine, no radio, extra trim, small engine
  • Cosmo

i am so pleased you have gotten the beast on the road

if there is anything more i can help with just holler

& i also would like to see more close up picts of Daves Rear bumper

Dick

w/ too many trucks
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Well looking at all the trucks in this thread inspires me to finish my '46. All the parts are about ready to go to paint. Then the fun or assembly and wiring. I'll post more pic's in the msn group soon. Great job to all above.

Lance
  • Hey all of you 46-7 (and earlier trucks...) owners... I understand these things are tight for a larger frame kinda guy.... Is this so? I always liked these, and everytime i see these in a thread, or pictures like this, I get to thinking.... If these things are tight, stop me now.... (BTW, I am 6'7" and got the weight to go along with... unfortunately.... makes car choices, well, more difficult.)
  • I am 5'8' and 290. I have replaced the seat with a temporary bench seat. My friend Hudson Dave used a Ranger seat. It is a little tight for me but drivable. The trick is to put the seat under the ledge on rear wall. It has to have a thin back. Others have shortened steering column. I am going to change it to an automatic, which will help. Tons of head room and lots of leg room.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2013
    Grumpy wrote:
    Actually, I really like the 'plain Jane' look! It sort of says - "This is a truck!", and "I am here for a purpose..."

:cool: = Attitude... (A good thing)

Thanks...I have been using it as a truck, just put a new roof on the house and the truck hauled all necessary materials, actually rode very nice with a lot of weight in the box.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    uc4me wrote:
    Thanks...I have been using it as a truck, just put a new roof on the house and the truck hauled all necessary materials, actually rode very nice with a lot of weight in the box.

I like the shiney ones too - but when I see yours I see a "working truck" maybe as it might have looked after 10 years in service.

Too bad Hudson wasn't into making 4x4 vehicles - How cool a 4-wheel drive Hudson Truck from the factory might have been?
This discussion has been closed.