1954 Hudson Hornet Special Broughm

1954Hudson
1954Hudson Member
edited November -1 in HUDSON
How many Hudson Hornet Special Broughms Were made in 1954 ? Where can i find out more information on them. :)

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    It's my understanding that any figures on breakdown of body styles produced, went out in the trash at the time of the 1954 merger. Alll that is available is the yearly (and, occasionally, monthly) production totals. Which, for 1954, was 51,314.

You might want to be a bit more specific about the 'information' you desire about broughams. "Brougham" was simply Hudson's term for a 2-door sedan or coach, a body style manufactured since the 1920's by Hudson and others. From 1948 through 1954 they were usually available only in the lower-priced series (Super Six, Wasp, Pacemaker) but in '54 they were available in the Hornet series (albeit as a lesser-priced Hornet Special).
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    In June 1981 the WTN published a list of Hudson production numbers supplied, by then HET member, Ron Hewett. According to that listing, published in the WTN as a General Technical and Information Bulletin, TS 84-1, Hudson "produced" 50,660 units; however, shipment figures show 51,314. Other years show the same descrepancies. The differences could possibly be explained by the fact the production numbers are shown from Aug 1945 thru Dec 1946 for 1946, Dec 1946 thru Sep 1947 for 1947 models, Oct thru Oct for 1948-1949, and so on up thru with a month variation in some years.

A copy of this bulletin is available upon request - it shows production figures from 1946 thru 1954.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

HEThudsontech09@yahoo.com (Drop the HET)
  • 54Hollywood
    54Hollywood Senior Contributor
    As mentioned, the best information that seems to exist is just a listing of total production figures plus a monthly breakdown. If you know the serial number of the car, you can at least determine when it was built. Go to this link for that info.

http://www.geocities.com/SmokyMtnHET/54Hudsons.html

I've been trying to find out how many '54 Hornet Hollywoods were built because that's what we own but so far, no luck.

Tim in WI
This discussion has been closed.