Jack Dempsey & a Hudson?

2»

Comments

• oldhudsons
    oldhudsons Senior Contributor
    right off hand I don't know of any '29 Hudsons here in the Phoenix metro area unless this one guy, who used to belong to the HET Club, still has his. He had a Railton too but sold it so not sure if he has the '29 or not.

It is like the one the girl is photographed in.

I can't remember his name offhand but will ponder that. If he's still into cars I'm sure he belongs to the CCCA.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • I sent an email to Tom Conner I found on the Grand Canyon chapter website. We may end up with a bunch of '50s, but that could still work. Would LOVE for that '29 guy to find us, but am really doubtful anything that vintage will end up in my inbox.

You've been a great help, oldhudsons... THANKS!
  • HUDSONNUT
    HUDSONNUT Senior Contributor
    Hi

I'm Tom Conner, President of the Grand Canyon Chapter (GCC) of the HET Club. I received an E-mail just now about this with a link here and had to check it out. We do have some older Hudsons in Arizona with some here in the Valley. I will check to see if I can set up a group of cars for this. We do have many late 40's and in the '50's that we could provide as well. I'll send an e-mail to our members to see what we can provide and let the person from Phoenix know. The GCC would very much like to be a part of this.

You can contact me at tlcon815@aol.com

Tom
  • Hello, Tom!

I sent you an email about an hour ago. This would be great. Let me know if you get affirmative responses.

Did you know this building had been a Hudson dealer? I know it pre-dates most of the cars in the club (I assume). But cool nonetheless.

I'm at jodey (dot) elsner (at) phoenix (dot) gov if you hear anything.

THANKS!
  • oldhudsons
    I have Club Rosters going back 20 - 30 years so will consult those, see if I can find the guy's name, etc.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Researchia wrote:
    MARMON EIGHT... that makes sense, although I haven't found mention that A.E. England sold Marmons. That sign has been a mystery to us in the office.

You might check your old city directories for the late 1920's, for the address of the building in question (and nearby ones), to see if there did happen to be a Marmon dealer nearby.
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    How about Ken Kenewell. He has a 29 Victoria Convertible, and is in Suncity. Email is k.kenewell@worldnet.att.net. Or phone # 623-910-5824
  • oldhudsons
    the guy with the '29 Hudson here locally is:

Ken Kenewell of Sun City, tele. # (in '08 Roster): 623-910-5824.

He has a one-off Glazer (German) bodied "convertible victoria" & is listed as being in #1 condition so he must have finished the restoration of it (last time I talked to him, still had body apart).

The Roster has his e-mail address too Tom but not sure if it or tele. # current but give him a call.
  • akcoop
    akcoop Administrator
    I have seen Ken's 29 and it is a beaut! Door opens both ways, forwards and backwards. That way they can get you coming and going. :D Used as a taxi in Venezuela if I remember right.

I would bring mine, but alas it is too far a drive from Afghanistan!!
  • HUDSONNUT
    HUDSONNUT Senior Contributor
    AARON

I hope all is well with you - we think of you often and thank you for your service.

Several people have mentioned Ken '29. I know Ken Kenwell and have seen his '29 and it was great. The doors are really intriguing. I'm going to call him tomorrow to see if he'd provide it for the Phoenix program in June.

I know of some other Hudsons in the Grand Canyon Chapter in the vintages Phoenix wants and am working on that.

I've been in contact with Jodey of Phoenix and plan on being able to help them out.

Tom Conner
This discussion has been closed.