Need a Hornet coupe restored

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Back to the subject of Hudsons...

I will have the 52 and 53 Hornet coupes I bought delivered here in So Cal in a couple weeks or so. I am keeping the 52 coupe as it is complete and intact. I will be selling the 53 coupe, it has all the parts needed but needs to be put back together. For the car that I am keeping, I am not mechanically inclined so I will have to farm out the work involved to restore it. Any suggestions on someone to rebuild the engine and trans in my area? I know there are many on this forum that would be a good choice but most are out of state and I would think that shipping an engine and trans would be cost prohibitive.

As a possible alternative, since I am planning on selling the 53 coupe, I was thinking about perhaps trading the car in return for some restoration work on the 52 coupe. I'd rather keep the cars in So Cal but I suppose I could ship both cars directly to this person if not too far. My current cost for shipping two cars to So Cal is $1,400. We would have to agree on what the 53 coupe is worth in trade and then agree to what that would buy in restoration. Anyone interested in this possibility? Niels
This discussion has been closed.