Hudson trim polishing guy

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
There was a Hudson member that specialized in polishing Hudson trim, seemed like he was living in Texas
and had to move a couple of years ago, anyone have his name - contact info?

Comments

• bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    edited September 2015

george iverson of iverson automotive in minnetonka, MN. is the best trim and potmetal chroming guy in yhe country if you can't find anyone to do your trim.

http://www.iversonautomotive.com/

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Kerry - fellows name R.P Moore

I believe he returned to NW US
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Bellbigdawg, I just sent him a batch, we'll see how it goes!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Oldfarmer almost had it right. 
    Rick Monroe
    moved back to Oregon
    Worked with Jim Harmon for many, many years. 
    210-584-5856
    HETmongoose8220@att.net (drop the HET)

Best stainless man I ever saw.  
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Yep, It was Rick Monroe. He used to live here in Schertz, Texas. I found an old note attached to his business card that I had written a long time ago that simply said Jim Harmon back to Oregon.
    Oh and Hi there RL Chilton!
    Peace,
    Chaz
  • I have contacted Rick Monroe. He lives in Kuna Idaho & I will be meeting him Friday to deliver my '53 Hornet stainless. I will let you know how it turns out. Talking with him he seems like very knowledgeable about Hudson stainless. Russ's contact for him is good.

regards

J Lombard 
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Dose he cut down stainless have some from same year wrong model just to long just wondering
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Charles-

Yes, Rick can do that.  Just talk to him about it.  
  • go to top
  • Hudson Grandpa
    Hudson Grandpa Expert Adviser
    If it has a twist in it, if it has holes in it, if its bent 45 degrees, if its been hit by a rock, you will be amazed when you get it back.  How in the ____does he do that.  Rick is a Master. Always comes back just like it came from the factory.
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Hopefully, we can talk John Fromm into doing a video  on polishing stainless steel, as he knows how to do it.:)
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited December 2015
    Might want look at polishing SS on the car. Part 1 of 4 videos. 
    Use a 10,000+ die grinder not a drill.  Also use blue 2" tape but put gorilla tape on top of it (do not stick directly to paint). Progress with polishes; Ace Hdwrs. has most of this--saves ordering from Eastwood. Have done about 1/2 of mine--waiting on colder weather when outside work stops.
    >>>>>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPg9mNr5fhQ
This discussion has been closed.