EFI on a Super 6

2»

Comments

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Good!
    When you send the efi kit out, do weneed to use a laptoptoset it upor is it good to go?
  • It can be installed and set up without a laptop but the laptop makes it easier.
    I include the software and the data logging cable with the system.
    The older/cheaper the laptop...the better.

I even have several older laptops I set up to send to customers to use if they are one of "those" that seem to only use Apple products. The software doesn't work on apple.

I did get the Hudson together enough to head out for a little test drive today.
    Still needs a whole lot of work but it did run and drive and I got the wife to go for a ride.
    I need to tighten the center Sun shade mount. It was rattling pretty good.

WOOHOO.

http://youtu.be/RX7rR4OBp2U
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Bill, what is the status of the EFI kits for hudson application?
  • 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    Bill,you still out there?
  • Sorry for the lapse guys. I have been swamped with the business.

Enjoyed the Hudson with EFI most of the summer with the 2bbl. I tried really hard to get the dual 1bbls setup on, but both of my exhaust manifolds had cracks in them and for some reason all the cast iron welding tricks just didn't work as well on the Hudson manifold as others I have done. EFI doesn't really like vacuum or exhaust leaks since it needs to be able to read the O2 content in the exhaust to make AFR corrections. That's what makes it superior over the carb.

But the system works great on the old Hudson 262.

I'm trying to get some time to build me a 308 since my old 262 is pretty worn and has low compression.

Doesn't really smoke, but is a little weak.

As soon as I can get the dual 1bbl setup on I'll post up some pics and video of them.

I even got a set of the original air cleaners from a member to give it that authentic look.  

This discussion has been closed.