51 Hornet Project. With pictures.

123457»

Comments

• Working on the engine this week, cleaning and inspecting, I was surprised to find some old coolant still in the block when I turned it over. It looks like everything is in good order in the rotating assembly. I am debating about replacing rings, I'll have a better idea of their age when I look at the rod bearings later this week.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Nice! The 3 speed manual Trans is my choice but its your car so of course do as you please. If you are looking for a cable check with Wildrick. Look forward to see ya on the road some time with our Hudson cars  
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for info Val, I have decided to go with the 3-speed manual that came with the car. I will be ordering some clutch parts soon. I have been working on the engine today, but came home and took some pics of the Hudson's with their new two tone look. 
  • See i dont mind snow in pictures or off in the distance any closer I dont really like.

How was the interior with no glass?
  • Val
    Val Member
    Nice picture of the two tone ha ha. I may take mine out next snow we get. 
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited January 2018
    See i dont mind snow in pictures or off in the distance any closer I dont really like.

How was the interior with no glass?
    Snow is a little tough to deal with at times, we just get use to it around here. We only have snow off and on for about 90 days here so its not to bad. The Hornet doesn't have any interior yet, waiting to do glass.  I haven't permanently installed floor pans yet so I put them in the trunk, everything is rust treated and painted so it should be ok for now, same way on the pickup.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    triman62 Hello!

I've been away from the forum for a while and just read thru your thread catching up on new projects (and old ones)

I just want to say Kudos to you for taking on and resurrecting these Hudsons.

Honestly I don't know if I would have..I thought my Hudsons were rusty~!

Great Work - Keep the updates coming when you can!

Dan
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited January 2018
    Dan, Thanks for comments, my projects can only get easier after these. This one's next.

• rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    triman62 said:
    Dan, Thanks for comments, my projects can only get easier after these. This one's next.

This goes for all of us rusty car fabricatoris...Make sure your tetanus shots are up to date, they only last 10 years!
  • Got some more parts pulled today. Looks like a low mileage engine, time to start cleaning parts.

• Just cleaning and inspecting parts, and working on a list of the new ones needed.
  • Val
    Val Member
    So....... how's the project coming along Preston?
  • triman62
    triman62 Member
    edited April 2018
    Val said:
    So....... how's the project coming along Preston
    Moving a little slow on the engine cleaning, I have been a little reluctant to put my hands in the solvent tank, the cold temps have been hanging around here longer than usual. I do have everything cleaned and ready for assembly except for all the bolts, I will be starting on them Monday. I ordered a gasket set about a month ago, I understand it takes a while for them to get shipped out. I'll post up some more pictures soon, I got a new phone Friday, I think it will take better photos. Thanks for posting, Preston
  • Val
    Val Member
    Seems the cold is hanging in a bit longer here too. I gotta put a fuel pump on mine. Look forward to the pictures 
  • Haven't posted for awhile, I have been busy building a new home for the Hudson projects. Hope to get back on the Hornet soon.
  • 40 x 40 with 12 ft side walls, plans are for a lift or two, and a paint booth.

This discussion has been closed.