Jag IFS in my Hudson

1234568»

Comments

• I guess I’m ready to make the radiator brackets.

• Looking good!!!

Which transmission you running behind that BBF?

• E4OD out of a 94 F350.

• hudshornet
    hudshornet Expert Adviser

How much did you have to lean the engine back to get clearance for the transmission to “roughly” fit in the tunnel? Specifically I am concerned about the UJoint spacing around the brace on my swap. Disregard the angle on the angle finder, the actual angle is closer to 3.5 down. I was using that position to verify something else

It’s a 5.3 TR6060 which I know is longer than the E4OD but it seems pretty high even leaned back. I’m concerned about what I’m going to have to do to get a drive shaft through the supports. Are you doing a two piece or single?

Heres a side view of mine. I know it’s normal for it to not fit under the removable piece but I want to make sure I’m not missing something before I move forward.

• 54coupe
    54coupe Member

I put the tail shaft of the transmission where it needed to be, then adjusted the engine up or down until the throttle body mounting pad on the intake was level at ride height. Then I modified my engine oil pan to fit. I did it this way, because I didn't want to raise the floor anywhere other than in the removable trans cover. This way I can still use the factory seats without modification.

I will be using a two piece driveshaft. I kept the one out of the F-350 that gave up it's transmission, so I will employ it's center driveline support, and have both halves of the driveshaft shortened to suit.

Also note, that the factory front seat hangs out over the rear edge of the transmission cover, so plan accordingly there.