Electric fuel pump suggestions

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Howdy fellow Hudson owners,

I'm looking for a 12v electric fuel pump to place on my '52 Hudson Wasp, 2 door Brougham....any suggestions regarding part numbers?

Thanks folks!

Comments

• You can use a generic 12v fuel pump. Check with your local NAPA or other parts supplier. Also, you might find one in a hot rod or racing parts catalog, Summit, for example.

An electric fuel pump pushes, does not pull or lift well. I made the mistake of installing one under the hood, I should have installed it in the rear, close to the tank, and as low as possible.
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    Used one from JC Whitney and has work well Want a low output (3-5 psi) for hudson Carbs
  • billn34 wrote:
    You can use a generic 12v fuel pump. Check with your local NAPA or other parts supplier. Also, you might find one in a hot rod or racing parts catalog, Summit, for example.

An electric fuel pump pushes, does not pull or lift well. I made the mistake of installing one under the hood, I should have installed it in the rear, close to the tank, and as low as possible.

Am I correct in assumming that they also make 6 volt electric fuel pumps? Niels
  • Mine is a 6v model, which I bought from NAPA 15 or more years ago. Your parts house would probably be the place to look for one.

Good point above about using a low pressure pump.
  • Walt-LA
    Walt-LA Senior Contributor
    Walbro makes several bellows type fuel pumps. I ran a 6V until converting to 12v. Have not had to install a new one since. One of their pumps is adjustable, down to 1,75 psi, if I recall correctly. JC Whitney sells the higher pressure (4+ psi), non adjustable 12V, as well as the lower pressure 6V pups for under $ 40.00.

Old numbers have been changed for both 6V and 12 V. NAPA does not stock Walbro fuel pumps, here at least... Here's a website . Click on bellows in the left side menu.

W

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/
This discussion has been closed.