Water pumps

super651
super651 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am in the process of increasing the water pump flow in a 308 modified engine. (Turbo-charged )

Has anyone tried to do this before?

Like using a different impeller? (more blades ? )

other types of pumps ?

If so, please list the modifications you have done and if it helps in cooling the 308 at high speeds.

Hudsonly , Rudy.

Comments

• Is the engine running and you are noticing a heat problem?

Or, are you trying to avoid one beforehand?

I don't know how you have it setup. Have you checked your individual exhaust port temperatures? What type of fuel delivery system are you running?

I have been told that forced induction is problematic for the Hudson. A Nascar electric pump plumbed directly into all three freeze plug locations wasn't enough to cool the one I was familiar with.

Mark
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    Have you considered reversing the flow?
  • super651
    super651 Senior Contributor
    Just trying to get a little more flow. I raced a 308 powered Jet with a turbo. many years ago but it was a drag car only. Did not have a heating problem then.

This will be a road car and just wanted to know if another pump would fit and cool a little more.

Mark, do you have pictures of the Nascar pump set-up ? Thanks to all Rudy.
  • Rudy,

I do not have pictures of the pump setup - but I know where you can find some. I sent you a message via Classicar messaging.

Mark
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    If you are modifying engine, I presume you are using headers. 308 with headers should run at least 20 degrees cooler than with cast manifold.
This discussion has been closed.