The Twin H2 (squared) manifold lives

Comments

• GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    edited September 26

Small update, got air cleaners figured out:

Passenger side horn has to move... not sure where I'll put it, since some yahoo put his fancy wiper setup right in the way.

Also, those air cleaners came from 2 different stores from obviously 2 different production runs, and they're different enough to bug me...

• Is there enough clearance to modify some old oil baths crossovers?

• GrimGreaser

So, the carb ports are 'generally' in the same location (think 'x' and 'y') of the original Carters... 'z', height from original, has changed a bit, haven't quite measured yet... so taking into account height differences, stock Hudson Thin H air cleaners 'should' work, provided you deal with the height offsets. There are Weber adapters to the WA-1 throat size out there.

Take this comment with a HUGE grain of salt, as I haven't fit my WA-1s back on yet to test.

• GrimGreaser
    edited September 28

Also, coolant plumbing worked out.

**bear with me, I was working with what I had on hand**

I have a Ford something-or-other heater core that comes across to the drivers side, which accounts for the shenanigans over the engine...

Also also: proper air cleaner nuts now. 🙂

• Coming along nicely. The red triangles are a nice detail.

• Engine sounded happy and healthy on the YouTube video.

• I noticed the same. My Carters have never had that crisp of a throttle response, ever.

• GrimGreaser

Definitely responsive. I had a couple stalls this morning when it was cool, right after starting - still have a bit of a learning curve ahead. Died once backing out of the driveway, and got close at the next signal. Bit of pedal work kept it going.

Now I need to separate 'old Hydro' from off carb tune...

• StepUp
    StepUp Member
    edited October 1

Choke(s) adjustment issue? I assume the Webers have +12V electric choke(s) since I see one wire to each carb in your pic above and spy a 12V battery. Seem to be running an electric fan behind aluminum radiator too. Lokar throttle cable? All nice gear.

What I don't recognize is the 5/16"(?) metal tube/shaft traversing and clamped mid-firewall. Is that a fuel infeed line from an electric fuel pump in the corner of the pic? I doubt it since I see lower hose fuel lines to each carb (or are these fuel return lines?). Stumped...

• GrimGreaser

Yup, wipers. Used a Specialty Power Windows wiper kit. Throttle cable is from Amazon, decent enough. Six blade mechanical fan is what to see, though I am putting an electric pusher up front.

• I love the intake manifold and I think it looks great, but in my research, I went to a speed shop to look at some Rochester two jet carburetors and they do not bolt up to this manifold so unless you make some adapters to run that type of carburetor, you will have to run the Weber

• GrimGreaser
    edited October 13

Yes, this manifold is specifically for Webers. There are adapters available, so you don't have to do it from scratch.

For those who chose the knock-off webers, make sure to check the float level. Mine where way off, hope that fixes the stumble when turning right.

• Any idea where to find such adapter? All I can find is 2GC manifold to accept Weber, not the other way around.

• GrimGreaser

I beleive most one them are reversible.

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited October 13