I'm at a loss

124»

Comments

• jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Sta-Bil is also good for fuel that sits for a time.
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Oh, and CONGRATS on getting her running again!
    So it was the distributor?
    Jeff
  • Val
    Val Member
    Hard to say as I replaced all the ignition parts. But I believe it was the condenser initially and them the timing. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Val said:
    Toddh, thank you so much for all your advice. And.......She's Alive!!!!  She started up and I let her run for about 20 minutes as she hadn't ran in a few months. Thanks to all for your help and advice. I now face a leaking fuel pump. But that looks to be an easy fix. After that on to the exhaust!! 
    Curiosity is a failing of mine:  What was the source of your original ignition problem?
  • Val
    Val Member
    Glowplug, it was the condenser.  When I was headed to Dr. Doug's last fall the car suddenly quit. Had it towed home (90 miles) and found the wire pulled from the condenser.  I had running since then but it never ran right and one day just up and wouldn't not start. So replaced everything in the system. Had the good doctor test my distributor, have NOS Autolite rotor, cap and coil. New plug wires too. Found my ignition timing off. I had bought a TDC whistle and when I went off I assumed that to be number one. It was actually number three. All clear to me now. Ha Ha Good thing is its all NOS stuff and she ran great!
  • Val
    Val Member
    Took it out for a short drive this afternoon ran through all the gears got her up to speed She accelerates well No hiccups or misses
  • Hazaa!